ss_blog_claim=4c833f8ed6013350a63df30f8b86e435 ss_blog_claim=4c833f8ed6013350a63df30f8b86e435



We are two people with different personalities. I am the eldest while he is the only boy in our brood of seven. We used to be mortal enemies when he was in his teens. He used to have this attitude of interfering with serious discussions among grown-ups and announced his unsolicited, nonsense and irritating views and ideas. I hated it so much that one time; I threw a saucer at him. Not contented with what I did, I kicked him and pulled his hair until I was able to pour out all my furiousness towards him. I felt so relieved with what I did; but when I saw him teary-eyed, I felt so guilty. I regretted what I did. He is my only brother why I did that thing to him? It is not that I am being mean with him. It is just that his immaturity pissed me off. There have been incidents of me throwing boiling water towards him (unsuccessful though because he ran so fast I cannot keep up with him).



I adore him when he was a small boy. I would buy him small presents when I came home from school. I would even get angry when some of my cousins would make him punched one of his playmates. When he approached puberty, things became a little different. We rarely talked and his intolerable attitude started to show. Now that we both reached the age of maturity and rarely see each other (he is working in a different place), I noticed that we become closer in terms of our relationship as siblings. He would share about his problems with me. One thing he never did before. Well, at least that is something I wanted from him. Maybe being away made us cherish each other.


I admit that I am not a perfect sister to him and to the rest of my siblings. However, I am trying to make up for everything. It is not yet too late to be a better sister to them. I am just very lucky to earn their respect and love.

2 comments:

Jona said...

sweet naman ng photo nyo ni bro dito :)

jamilangel said...

waaaaaaaaaa suplada ka gid.........lambing lang gani na sang mga only boy.....ha ha ha im on his side....take note...he wud always be your little big brother.......