ss_blog_claim=4c833f8ed6013350a63df30f8b86e435 ss_blog_claim=4c833f8ed6013350a63df30f8b86e435
When my board mate arrived from work, he handed me a calendar of the bank where he works. It has the words “Green Means All the World to Us” written on the front page. I am talking about the 2010 calendar of the Land Bank of the Philippines. It features the following six different species of trees from our country’s forests:




• NARRA (Pterocarpus indicus Willd)


• MANGIUM (acacia mangium Willd)


• BAGRAS (Eucalyptus deglupta Blume)


• AGOHO (Casuarinas equosetifolia L.)


• MAHOGANY (Swietenia macrophylla King)


• FALCATA (Paraserianthes falcataria (L.) Nielsen)


I really love trees.  I love to be under its shed during a warm weather.  Some of the trees featured in that calendar were already planted in my uncle's farm.  I wish they also feature the Kamagong because this tree amazes me all the time with its features.  The main message that the calendar is conveying is encouraging all of us to plant trees.  It is not too late to be concerned about our environment. 




0 comments: