ss_blog_claim=4c833f8ed6013350a63df30f8b86e435 ss_blog_claim=4c833f8ed6013350a63df30f8b86e435



I watched the 2008 movie The House Bunny a few days ago. I was surprised to see Katharine McPhee who played the role of Harmony. I never knew she is an actress. All I know about her is that she is a singer and the runner up of the American Idol Season 5 in 2006. Intrigued by this talented beauty, I searched for her on my best and reliable buddy Mr. Google. And this is what I found out about her.

Katharine McPhee was born Katharine Hope McPhee on March 25, 1984 in Los Angeles, California, United States of America to Patricia Burch McPhee and Daniel McPhee, a vocal coach and a television producer respectively. She has a sister named Adriana which is older than her. She came from a family of Irish, Scottish and German descent. When her mother discovered that she can sing, she trained her. I am glad to know that like me, she came from a Notre Dame school too. Well, she is part Irish that is why. She had some short stint in show business prior to joining American Idol. But it was American Idol that made her a star. She became popular when she became the runner-up in American Idol Season 5.

I love her rendition of Somewhere Over the Rainbow on the finals of the Season 5; a song that Simon Cowell chose for her. She was also one of the voices behind the popular song that’s playing in the airwaves nowadays, We Are the World which was revived and retitled as We Are The World 25 for Haiti to mark the anniversary of this famous song that was created 25 years ago for the people of Africa but now they made it again in order to help the victims of the earthquake in Haiti.

I thought I would only like our very own Jasmine Trias; but I feel I am already beginning to like this beautiful and talented Katharine McPhee. Do you think I only have Idol girls as favorites? No, next time I will tell you about my favorite guys.

0 comments: