ss_blog_claim=4c833f8ed6013350a63df30f8b86e435 ss_blog_claim=4c833f8ed6013350a63df30f8b86e435
                  


Moon river wider than a mile
I'm crossing you in style someday
You dream maker, you heartbreaker
Wherever you're going I'm going your way

Two drifters off to see the world
There's such a lot of world to see
We're after the same rainbow's end
Waiting 'round the bend
My huckleberry friend, moon river and me.

(Moon river, wider than a mile)
(I'm crossin' you in style some day)
Oh dream maker, you heart breaker
Wherever you're going, I'm going your way

Two drifters off to see the world
There's such a lot of world to see
We're after the same rainbow's end
Waiting 'round the bend
My huckleberry friend, moon river, and me.

I was feeling nostalgic when I heard the DJ played this song earlier.  It made the memories of my childhood flood back like it was only yesterday.  I missed those times.  When my father sang this song, I would fall asleep.  The melody sounds so sweet to my ears.  It has some kind of hynoptic charm that would make my eyelids heavy and then would let me drift to oblivion.  Even when I am grown up now, it has the same effect on me.  I proved it when I heard the DJ played it.  I miss my Tatay.  This is what I call my father.  I miss the time when he used to carry me and lull me to sleep.  I miss the time when he sang songs for me.  I miss the time when he would lay my head on his chest.  And now, that is something I can't bring back anymore.  If only I would be granted three wishes, my first one will be to relive my childhood once again.

0 comments: